Saturday, February 21, 2015

Women's Studio Workshop: Update

Lizz just posted a great article about my project with some beautiful photographs. Read all about it here and about the finished book here.




It feels like it has been snowing non-stop since I arrived



 

 The icicles have been building for days and look almost like they are going to become pillars!




Going for short walks after a snowfall has been something I have been enjoying.
Its also perfect time to be printing in the studio



The binding of the book I am working on has been revised and is working better- more handle-able
and able to stand up for display



I cut 50 sheets of Sakamoto and 75 sheets of Kitakata for an edition of 50 books. The barn was freeeeezing but a couple of space heaters did the job. Plus, when the board shear and guillotine are so
wonderful to work with, the cold bothers you less!


Starting on the second run of the first spread




I managed to finish up all the image runs in a couple of days




Meanwhile- I have been teaching the Art-in-Education classes



Some students really enjoyed making their paper portraits


Some are particularly fetching and simple,


And some are more complex...


 and involved



After printing all the images and the colophon, I decided to start on cutting the shapes out.
I used Mylar stencils to help with accuracy and registration


Ten down, fifty more to go!




With all the squares finished, I started on the triangles



These were harder to register, but I go them all cut finally!




And I finally finished printing the title
Now to fold, fold fold!






No comments:

Post a Comment